Plastic Surface Modification

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish Plastic Surface Modification

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nate Slating 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Nate Slating
    Participant

Our company, Inhance Technologies, has a proven method for preparing plastic components for painting. No washing, prepping, adhesion promoters, VOCs, or solvent based solutions at your shop……straight base coat and top coat. Save time, clean-up, and money!! We are new to the automotive market and are currently in development with major Auto OEMs and Suppliers. Our technology can also work for the aftermarket and repair shop worlds!!! If interested in learning more about our technology, please feel free to drop me an e-mail or reply here.

paul
    Participant

We are currently using Technispray colourbond and granlyn lechler for production line uPVC and composite doors etc which use a solvent based prep wipe

I am a bit miffed about how you can have a cleaning process that requires no cleaning ,please do explain lol

Nate Slating
    Participant

We use a proprietary Reactive Gas Technology to physically modify the molecular surface of the material, increasing it’s surface energy, and making it more polar, thus more bondable. Although the technology is primarily used on materials such as TPO, PP, PE, Nylon, PC/ABS, etc….it can also be used on PU, Acetal, and other engineered plastics. After the surface is activated, it’s ready for base coat without the need for wiping, adhesion promoter, or primer. The technology has been proven to the most stringent OEM specifications.

Although the major use of the technology is surface activation for bonding, another benefit of the technology is the material is cleaned at the same time. Perhaps in my original post, I should have used the term no washing…..no water/soap is used or needed. That being said, if you wanted, you could wash the material after treatment and prior to painting and the surface would remain activated.

paul
    Participant

Have you a UK dealership I could contact for more detailed information and costing etc

Nate Slating
    Participant

Sorry, unfortunately, at the present time we do not have any European locations. We have 11 in the United States, 1 in Mexico, and 1 in Australia.

john
    Participant

Have you tried your product on starboard?

Nate Slating
    Participant

We have not specifically tried the brand Starboard. However, after looking up the spec sheet, it looks like Starboard is a High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and we have successfully treated HDPE in the past. If you are referring to the Starboard that is HDPE, than YES, there is no reason why our treatments will not work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.