Plastic Bumper Recoat Question

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish Plastic Bumper Recoat Question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Woodrow DeBeaux 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Woodrow DeBeaux
    Participant

Hello, I was talked into buying a prepainted bumper cover for my car instead of me painting the original one. So, My problem is the cover that I got is tiger striped and needs to be fixed. At this point I am going to fix it myself!! My question is, seeing as it has been painted and cleared, All I should need to do is scuff and recoat right? Do I scuff with a grey pad or do I use 600 grit wet or dry or does it matter?

Thanks for any info given..

Attachments:

Scott
    Participant

IF the bumper was properly prepped the first time all you need to do is scuff it with 600 grit , clean and re-shoot.

Woodrow DeBeaux
    Participant

[quote=”smooth” post=37401]IF the bumper was properly prepped the first time all you need to do is scuff it with 600 grit , clean and re-shoot.[/quote]

LOL, I noticed the IF, I have a thing about not trusting the last person that laid hands on something that I have to fix. No telling what else this person did wrong.. But at this point I have to take my chances with it.. Thanks for the reply…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.