Blend LIne

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Heitzmann 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

Hello…I have a ’98 Continental that has a blend line on the hood. The car was partially painted in 2006 due to slight hood and fender damage. I was wondering how I’d go about making the blend line less obvious or make it fade completely. It appears as this blend line has become more noticable within the past few years.

Would wet sanding with 2000 grit followed by a rubbing compound aid in correcting this issue?

Any assistance appreciated.

Sam Latimer
    Participant

is the clear edge pulling back? I found some componds with a solvent base pulls the clear edge back more. try just hand polishing it first and see what happens. I try to avoid this happening by clearing the whole panel .

Mike
    Participant

Thanks for replying…upon closer examination it also appears as though the paint in this area is lighter. The best I can describe is that it appears cloudy, or the paint appears to have a lighter pigment. If I look from the front bumper to the edge of the hood where the paint looks cloudy ( pigment loss )…it’s noticeable…if I look standing by the fender, then the paint looks somewhat better.

Is there anything that can be with products or wet sanding to help or totally correct this flaw?

Sam Latimer
    Participant

I doubt it !

[quote=”Mike59″ post=37413]Thanks for replying…upon closer examination it also appears as though the paint in this area is lighter. The best I can describe is that it appears cloudy, or the paint appears to have a lighter pigment. If I look from the front bumper to the edge of the hood where the paint looks cloudy ( pigment loss )…it’s noticeable…if I look standing by the fender, then the paint looks somewhat better.
    Is there anything that can be with products or wet sanding to help or totally correct this flaw?[/quote]

Not really. The repair was done poorly from the start and is now showing its age. The entire panel should’ve been cleared, especially in an area that is subject to a lot of uv light.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.