What paint scheme?

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish What paint scheme?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gareth
    Gareth
    Participant

Hi I have been on this forum for a while but never posted. I have a bodyshop at the minute but we are moving to bigger premises. At the minute I have a mipa solvent scheme and a pro spray water that I don’t find very good. I have been offered for our new workshop, ppg with the camera, octoral and dyna coat. Octoral and dyna coat are cheaper than ppg p/l. I am stuck on which one to choose? Any advice would be brilliant

Profile photo of Zack
    Zack
    Participant

I use PPG Water (Autocolor, Envirobase), and I have nothing but good things to say. The system is very user friendly, and color match is great. We have the Rapidmatch camera also, which can come in handy. Most of the time the color match is so good all you really need is the chips. DC4000 is a great clear if you go with them.

Profile photo of matthew mcintyre
    matthew mcintyre
    Participant

ive used the octoral eco and again i dont have a bad word to say about it. the only bad colour we ever had was honda ice blue. there solvent is belting aswell.

goes on well, 2 coats eather wet on wet or dry inbetween and then a drop coat at 1 bar to finish.
    you can use w23 which i think is base addative thinned 10% to stop halos and blend issues on dicky colours.
    im on ici/nexa solvent at the min and its crap, you cant drop coat it and it mottles for fun. the octoral on the other hand is a dream.

plus from what i gather your scheme and first lot of tinters are free from octoral or at least thats what ive been offered.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Absolutely love PPG Waterborne but IMO a good painter can make any paint system work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.