Sun match light

Home Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish Sun match light

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Micah hayes Micah hayes 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hello everyone has anyone tried out the new scan grip sun match light? Would like some feed back

Profile photo of Jayson Munro
    Jayson Munro
    Participant

Our shop got one about 2 months ago and it is still on the first charge,lasts a long time.It is very reasonably priced and seems to work pretty good.I have found it to throw out a slight yellow cast and not quite as brite as the sun gun.I took the red anodized ring around the lens and painted it black and it seemed to help.I would give it an 8 out of 10 not perfect but pretty damn good.Try one out and tell us what you think.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Thanks for the feed back jayson, we did buy one we got the kit for just over 400 bucks because I needed a new battery for the sun gun and that was 200 buck so it made sense to buy the scan grip.so jayson by painting the red ring how did it help?

Profile photo of Jayson Munro
    Jayson Munro
    Participant

We got the mid sized light as we didn’t see the pen light or bigger one would have much use.The red anodized ring retains the lense over the bulb.If you leave it red it seems to cast a yellow/reddish tint to the light,painting it black seems to cut down on that.You can get a local battery place to rebuild the sun gun batteries so don’t throw them out.The scangrip light is well priced but not as good as the sungun IMO.

Profile photo of nick veitch
    nick veitch
    Participant

must have been a world wide push on these units as we have them in the uk as well

i bought one about a month ago, i would say it is also much more strudy than the sungun

it will also go in your pocket

Profile photo of Micah hayes
    Micah hayes
    Participant

I have the pen version and love it for what it is. I keep it in my pocket all day and use it for a quick color check. If I have to do any real tinting than I’ll use the sun gun

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.