Spot Refinishing – Sand Entire Area or Mask Off?

Welcome Forums Main Forum Auto Body Repair Spot Refinishing – Sand Entire Area or Mask Off?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  peter 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

peter
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled upon Refinish Network’s YouTube channel and have been impressed with the quality of the videos — learned way too much in one day than I should!

Here’s a pic of the damage: http://i.imgur.com/rqicv3C.jpg

I’m in China, and with the language barrier, I decided to take this job upon myself rather than bring it to the local body shop to fix it for me. Basically, I was involved in an accident where a scooter hit and dented my rear bumper and quarter panel. I’ve removed the paint transfer, so what’s left is the exposed plastic from the rear bumper and a horizontal line of dent on the quarter panel.

In addition to the dent on the quarter panel, there are a few small chips on the rear bumper and the big black hole at the bottom. For doing the repair, do you guys recommend masking off maybe an inch away from the damaged area, and then repairing it that way? Or would it be better to spray the entire left side of the rear bumper + the rear quarter panel?

Just worried about blending, though I am going to go with the Dupli-Color’s Perfect Match paint and a 2 part clear coat.

peter
    Participant

Bump for advice!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.