shop line jc6700 clear

Welcome Forums Main Forum Introductions shop line jc6700 clear

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jon 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jon
    Participant

just wondering if anyone else is having orange peel issues with this clear. I shoot clear with my sata 4000 rp and having a lot of trouble getting it to lay out..any suggestions?

john
    Participant

Needs air pressure and atomization. Very thick and very slow drying. Not good for production shops at all.

Scott
    Participant

[quote=”Jonny1982″ post=37109]just wondering if anyone else is having orange peel issues with this clear. I shoot clear with my sata 4000 rp and having a lot of trouble getting it to lay out..any suggestions?[/quote]

What size of tip are you using? Are you using the fast or slow hardener? Are you applying it over solvent or waterborne basecoat ? What type of an environment are you spraying in? How much air pressure are you using? How much air flow and what temperature? Need more info

Jon
    Participant

Hey,
    Thanks for the response. I am throwing clear with my sata 4000 rp with a 1.3 tip in a nice downdraft booth at 65 to 70 degrees and around 28 psi at the gun from the wall. Currently we use the fast hardener and the activator. I use PPG Enviro base . My rep had suggested using a little slow reducer which helped a little but still getting a lot of peel..I have tried a couple different things like laying a tack coat and coming back 5 mins later with a full wet or two full wets and still the same results..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.