Rock guard

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish Rock guard

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Grissinger 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Participant

I’ve got the 3M rock guard gun but I’m having issues getting the right look far as trying to get the blended edge like toyota has on there tundra and tacoma. I try to tape higher up and spray it pointed down trying not to get close to the edge of the tape and paper cover the rest of the vehicle. But it’s almost like I can’t get it thick enough while have that good blend in the rock guard goin up in the doors or bedside. Any suggestions please.

jeremy
    Participant

Yes can be tricky I’ve had good luck by running a hard line across my panel then I’ll run another one just a hair below it get my build then pull the one that’s below and shoot another good coat down so it kinda melts the thick hard line down but still a visable line I’ve also lightly sand it so its not such a sharp line good luck

john
    Participant

Back tape.

Chris
    Participant

Fly mask. If you don’t fold your edge too sharply you’ll get a softer edge than backmasking and it’s much easier to get the line straight. Don’t spray up under the tape and it will soften out just nice. How much tape you fold over can make adifference, too.

Jason Grissinger
    Participant

I run a hard line of tape and paper up and then run foam tape just below that line evenly..It works very well for me..Hope that helps..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.