Ppg deltron dbc problem

Welcome Forums Product Reviews Paint Products & Systems Ppg deltron dbc problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clynt Clynt 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clynt
    Clynt
    Participant

Hey guys im a newbie here… I found this site after searching for answers. I am a small shop owner (collision only) and have used ppg dbc deltron since day one. (1.5 years now)….Since day one we have struggledwith colormatching but my rep doesnt have time to help. He tells me “none of my other shops have a problem, you must be doing something wrong”
    Wellthat may be true but i cant figure out what it is that im doing wrong.
    All my silvers seem to have a dark side tone, and most lose their “effect” or “sparkle” when looking at them at an angle. But even other colors seem to look muddy or milky when not looked head on…. Ive tried all the basic things such as gun control and technique. I even had another painter try a few silver sprayout cards in my booth, with my paint but his gun and he had the same problems. Here lately ive just been ordering dupont or spies for all my silver jobs and havent had any problems with side tone or a milky look.
    Imalmost to the point im ready to switch to spies or dupont but if its something that can be fixed im all for it. Any suggestions?

Profile photo of Clynt
    Clynt
    Participant

I added a lot of pics in my album to help show the problem

Profile photo of Martin
    Martin
    Participant

you obviously know how to match if the spies or dupont comes back a near match. are all the additives mixed long enough on the wall before formulating? sometimes the spinners dont spin inside and just has a stale batch when you pour.

Profile photo of Clynt
    Clynt
    Participant

Yes. Its a complete new bank.

Profile photo of Jimi Beaudet
    Jimi Beaudet
    Participant

Hello. I’ve been painting as a career professionally for 30 years now. First of all #1 if one my jobbers told me to figure it out everyone else is not having issues, well to say the least they’d no longer be my jobber. #2 I’ve been in business or past 17rs and for 17 solid years we’ve used PPG. I find their color matches pretty good, and ease of application simple. For a domestic line of paint I think it rates right up there.
    What clears are you using over top of your color???

Profile photo of Clynt
    Clynt
    Participant

ppg DC4000

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.