new rm onyx toners

Welcome Forums Product Reviews Paint Products & Systems new rm onyx toners

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zach zach 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of travis
    travis
    Participant

A few weeks ago we ran into a toyota white 040 I think. That has a new formula using a new toner. The old mix used hb990 and the new mix uses hb 994. We had to go throughour history and find the mix with the990. Also someone mentioned a while back that the hb 203 “spereated” when mixed as a solvent. Rep came in today and confirmed that. He said that there will be a new toner (hb 202) that will take place of the 203 in solvent formulas. 203 is fine with water. Just thought id give you guys a heads-up if you didnt already know

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Yes you bet bondobob heard that myself today about the SB202 I currently use 100% solvent now

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Yes, and there is a new clear coming in the R-M line towards the end of summer, and a new primer.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

A production clear?

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

From what I was told, yes it’s supposed to be like a production version of 5335 and a lower price point compared to the ctr clears.

Profile photo of travis
    travis
    Participant

So I noticed today that 994 isnt “new”?. We had it labeled on our machine but was never there. What kinda primer? We reacently got the pa80? I think. Or is that the activator. Anyways its the isocyanate free primer. Havent used a quarter gallon yet and pretty much stopped there. It shrinks! Not good for production shop imo.

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

No the hb994 isn’t new it’s been out for a while, but I haven’t seen it in a lot of formulas. The np80 is a fairly old primer, and it does shrink a bit. The new primer is dtm and will eventually replace dp25-27. It’s great stuff, high resin content and low talc which means shrinking is non-existent. The primer will arrive around August I guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.