New job

Home Forums Off Topic New job

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TLB TLB 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dennis Lambert
    Dennis Lambert
    Participant

Hey guys. I just thought I’d post here about the new job I’ll be starting next week. After 29 yrs. in the family biz I’m moving over to a painter position at a fairly large Ford dealership in town. I’ll be one of 2 painters. The other guy is someone I went to tech school with and get along well with. They have 2 downdrafts and do around 25 to 35 jobs a week as far as I’ve heard. I’ve never known them to be slow. The other painter and I will be alternating weeks with 1 spraying and the other prepping, spliting the hours down the middle. I’ll be starting out making more $$ than I am now but I wont have the vac. time wich I don’t really care about. Anyway I’ll be spraying cromax pro. I know its not vary popular on this site but the painter over there is really doing well with it and says he would quit if he had to go back to solvent so we will see. :unsure: So let the adventure begin I say. :woohoo:

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    Participant

Groovy! Good luck at the new shop! :cheers

Profile photo of TLB
    TLB
    Participant

So how is that new job going?

Profile photo of Dennis Lambert
    Dennis Lambert
    Participant

[quote=”TLB” post=36412]So how is that new job going?[/quote]
    So far it’s going really well. Thanks for asking. It’s a big change for me in some ways. Even though I’ve always done collision work I’m not used to turning out alot of jobs per week. Twenty was a very busy week at my old shop. At this place that would be a slow week but they do have 2 really nice booths. The quality of the filler/primer work isn’t what I’m used to as the bodymen do all the priming but its ok . Everthing has to be sealed as there are quite a bit of cut-thru places. They mainly use the 74500 clear which is a ms. clear . The shop manager said I could use any clear I want so this week I’ll be getting some good ol’ standox 16198 and 16252 hs clear. I can’t wait to see how they will do in their booths since they have really good air flow plus better lighting. I’m sure I’ll be posting more about this place as well as pics. :cheer:

Profile photo of TLB
    TLB
    Participant

goo to hear its going well.

be waiting for the pic’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.