Need advice on fender fix, Please help

Welcome Forums Main Forum Auto Body Repair Need advice on fender fix, Please help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carl Carl 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dyllon Sommer
    Dyllon Sommer
    Participant

Hey everyone, I am new the the site, I would like some advice on fixing my fender that got damaged and rusted a bit, and what I can use to fix it, links to product would be great

Truck is a 97′ chevy k1500 silverado z71 5.7L v8

Please dont link me to new fenders I know that wold be best but after painting it will bee about $200

The part gone is appox. 13″ in height and 6″ wide i know its bad

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Ben Hart
    Ben Hart
    Participant

Sorry to say it, but just install a replacement fender. Yours isn’t worth fixing, and you could go over $200 in materials trying to fix it. And no matter how you fix it, it will just keep rusting.

If you want to fill it with steel wool and Bondo or some other back yard fix, no one here would want to help with that.

Profile photo of Craig Coburn
    Craig Coburn
    Participant

My only addition to this advice it to cruise by your local junk yard and find an unrusted fender and swap it in. They do exist. My local guys usually charge me around $75 for a fender in good condition.

Profile photo of Carl
    Carl
    Participant

Best bet would be to find a wing/fender in same colour and fit that yourself mate,you could have it plated / welded but its gonna cost more after you add paint and materials and labour and even then the rust could show up on another part of the wing/fender !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.