Looking for Advice

Welcome Forums Main Forum Introductions Looking for Advice

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Hi,

Looking for advice. I’m thinking this site maybe able to help me out.

My 2015 Altima is just 2 months old. I’m kicking myself for not noticing the doors not matching when I picked up the car. Anyway without getting into the whole situation it seems to me and other the color of the doors is off. At first it was suggested that the car was probably damaged in transit and was painted. However after taking it to a few different shops and the dealerships shop. Everyone seems to think it could be factory paint. I’m still trying to figure out what happened buy Nissan Canada sucks and not helpful.

Have a few questions.

1. How would you guys fix this or would you just leave it? I mean can you only paint a door and blend a bit. Others have said paint the whole side?

2. Can they make it worse? I hear pearl white is the worst to work with.

3. What happens if I don’t like it after? Is a redo a question usually?

Thanks for any opinions. The dealers body shop recommended leaving it but offered a door being painted and blended with the other door and panel. I won’t mention what door. I want to know what you guys think is off. I’m having a hard time telling what the hell happened

At times its hard to tell. Depending on the light. At night its the easiest to tell. Especially if you park it under a street light or parking lot light. If there is not too much light or a lot of light you can’t tell.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hello there
    It’s a brand new car they should have it fixed for you,and pearl white is not that hard to blend to make match

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

If they offer to fix it than I would get it fixed

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

I still can’t even tell what door is off? I think it might be the front. The body shop says the back?

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Who noticed the door being off

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

I did. I noticed it after 2 months of ownership. Now I see it all the time. Even when others can’t. lol

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

OK on your last post you said you couldn’t even tell what door was off so thats why i asked,but they should fix it for you,paint both doors plus blend fender and quarter panel

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Sorry I meant I couldn’t tell what door didn’t belong. Where the doors meet there is definitely a difference. But I can’t see a difference with the other panels. Thats why I don’t know what door is wrong.

Plus they just want to paint the back door and blend it with the front door and rear panel.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

by the picture it look like the front door is off

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.