It’s a little quiet around here

Welcome Forums Main Forum Gallery It’s a little quiet around here

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Carl 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jack Marshall
    Participant

Seems a little quiet recently around here. Thought I’d put these up. It’s a 2013 Mustang recently imported from the USA to the UK which had some light panel damage all over. Bumpers, skirts and other plastics will be painted next week.

Chris
    Participant

Mmmm, very quiet.

That’s looking good though. Maybe just the lights but that looks a very light red, almost pink.

Carl
    Participant

Looking good mate now ! What paint you use solvent or water ? Hows the coverage with your reds as some of ours are terrible unless you paint it white over primer first lol
    Yea very quiet on here now ? Maybe there’s another forum people are on ?

Chris
    Participant

I spray the rm low voc solvent and if you use the right ground coat the Reds cover great

Jack Marshall
    Participant

It’s Ford Race Red which is quite an orange shade of red I guess.

I actually did it in Glasurit 68 line single stage for several reasons but it came out good anyway.

Carl
    Participant

Looks nice mate !
    I found an old post on a mini forum the other day from 2006 ! From someone called JACK MARSHAL? Was this you bud ? :cheer:

Jack Marshall
    Participant

Yep that would be me haha. Not been on there for years. I had a few minis between the age of 15-19. Now I’m the ripe old age of 26 it seems a distant memory.

Plastics painted today. These bumpers and skirts were wrecked and needed replacing to be honest but parts are not so easy to get here.

Carl
    Participant

Looks Good mate is it a customers or one of your own ?
    Small world eh ? What mini did you have ?

Jack Marshall
    Participant

It’s a customer job this one.

I did a fully de seamed mini with moulded and smoothed wheel arches. It got mistaken for a mini minus all the time as that was the look I wanted. I also put a tilt and slide sunroof out of a Citroen saxo in it as well as a metro 1275 motor.

Then I had a late cooper sport 1275 in British racing green with a white roof and full length webasto sunroof and leather interior.

They are great little cars. Do you have one Carl?

Carl
    Participant

No mate but had a couple back in the 90s lol inca yellow black roof revolution wheels, cut trumpets at the back it was a great little car i loved it when doing my apprenticeship at my dads garrage ! Im 42 now so would do me back in lol
    My pal has just done a 60s mini cooper mark 2 restoration come up really nice and hes hoping to get 15 to 20 k for it ?

Jack Marshall
    Participant

If it’s a genuine cooper they are fetching quite abit now. I did a full resto on a mk2 cooper s downton tuned shell 18 months ago. The labour and paint was 5k but the car is rebuilt now and probably worth 20-25k to the right man.

I didn’t need to cut the trumpets on my first mini as the rubber doughnuts had totally collapsed! So it was already pretty low and very bumpy.

Carl
    Participant

The look on people’s faces when you hit big islands @60 mph was priceless lol mine had a cammed 1300 apparently and was really quick! Loved it mate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.