how to mix toners

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish how to mix toners

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of paul paul 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

I have a bunch of Toners, dimension fleet brand. I am wanting to know the steps to make a color and use it as a base coat.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

you are going to need some form of computer software , weigh scale etc. Paint is meant to be used as a system , just toners aren’t going to do it.

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Understand that. I was reading where people are using a clear base coat and adding toner color to create a color without a formula.

Profile photo of Jayson Munro
    Jayson Munro
    Participant

Every system is different,sometimes you can look up a color to find out what the ratio of binder to toner is,but there is always the flop controller as well.Depending how much you put in it will magnify the effect of the pearl or metallic.In short it is best to consult the manufacturer or stick to a formula.

Profile photo of paul
    paul
    Participant

To create a colour without a formula would require a good understanding
    of not only colour theory but also a vast experience in automotive colour matching which is not that easy even with a formula as starting point

You could swat up on basic colour theory and use the toners to create custom colours but I would say that is about your limit without the full scheme and the formulas for that particular system

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.