How much should I may per labor hour

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish How much should I may per labor hour

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ricky Byrd 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Participant

right now our labor rate is 48 an hour but we are in the middle of changing to 52 an hour. My question is what is a good dollar per labor hour or percentage for the paint shop to get. Right now I’m getting 20 an hour but I have to pay my helper out of that which really I only make 12 and pay my helper 8. Is this ok or am I getting shafted.

Charles Smith
    Participant

Are you flat rate or hourly?

Ryan
    Participant

Flat rate which for me is 12 dollars a labor hour so pretty much I do a 10 hour job I get 120 dollars

gunner
    Participant

Wow! I feel sorry for you guys. I’m 31$ a hour up here in central Canada. Flat rate

Scott
    Participant

That’s a very complex question your asking, it really comes down to your particular market , have you talked to any other painters in your area?

travis
    Participant

Wow, im moving to canada

Jonathan Gates
    Participant

Jim what part of central Canada are living in? I’m from.Morden,Mb.

Travis
    Participant

Im also flat rate $31 an hour making min 200 hours a month. Greetings from SW Saskatchewan Canada

gunner
    Participant

Saskatchewan

Ricky Byrd
    Participant

How many hours a week or pay period are you running. I’m on a four man team.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.