glasurit 55 line

Home Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish glasurit 55 line

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zach zach 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cyber shot
    Cyber shot
    Participant

Is there anyone here using Glasurit 55 ? How is it and is it match voc standard in Canada? Thx

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Color match is great, as far as VOC regulations I’m not sure if 55 line passes even with 10% hardener which does cut down the VOC emissions. But this is for production collision shops primarily, some restoration and custom painters still use it in Ontario this I am sure of.

Cyber shot
    Participant

thx for reply! The supplier told me It’s not compliant solvent paint but people still using it.and it cost $18000 to set them up. So I have no idea which brand should go with.

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Your supplier is right, a full setup of toners,lids,scale,computer,etc is a lot of money. But provided you will have a product usage at a certain level, it would warrant them installing a system on consignment at least. As far as VOC, take a look at the onyx low VOC solvent if you want to stay with basf

Cyber shot
    Participant

It doesn’t have to be basf, I have ppg ehp and I want solvent for quick job lol

Profile photo of gunner
    gunner
    Participant

I don’t understand how people are still getting this product in Canada, is it not the old solvent system? As far as I know it should no longer be available up here.

For a good solvent system that is compliant in Canada,check out Axalta’s Cromax Mosiac.

Cyber shot
    Participant

Do you have contact number for that in Toronto?how is that color match?and price?

Profile photo of gunner
    gunner
    Participant

Any Axalta dealer in Toronto should be able to set you up with a demo. Check it out let us know what you think of it.

Profile photo of Glen
    Glen
    Participant

I use mosaic. Some colors are very transparent and the color match is not the best. I order paint mixed by the jobber. I’m in Toronto as well. We were using Keystone in North York. I would have a rep come and scan anything that I needed a good color match. It was still hit or miss.

I don’t spray enough to justify a mixing bank. The metallic control is good, blending is good.

No jobber should be able to sell high voc products here.

I would like to try basf solvent.

Cyber shot
    Participant

im in Markham.i have try valspar
    Pro spray and omni yesterday,but no one is match good .

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Onyx is cousins to glasurit 90-lone waterborne except it can be mixed as a low VOC solvent. Same toners, different binders

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.