Enviro base problems . Any help or advice?

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish Enviro base problems . Any help or advice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TLB 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’ve been using envirobase for a couple months now and for the most part it’s going good. But on some colors (silvers/golds) I’m having trouble with mottling and blending.. I’m using a sata wb 4000 and an iwata entech ls4000 with 1.2 nozzle and tip. Haven’t had a training with the paint so any help is much appreciated ! Thanks

john
    Participant

You’re going to need a 1.3 to start. I never liked the wb4000. I use a Tekna. Make sure you have good overlap and your last coat (control coat) should be about 14-16 inches away, nice and slow.

Couple of months and NO training? Ridiculous.

Joe
    Participant

Awesome. Yeah I ordered a protek lite should be here soon. We have another painter that’s been spraying ehp for a while but he isn’t much help. Most of his work comes out nice using a ls400 iwata. But anyways it just bugs the crap out of me not being able to get these colors looking like they should, when this paint is supposed to be so easy to spray and blend but I’m having trouble with it.. Thank you for your reply

TLB
    Participant

On some of the silvers they cover too good so a little more reduction of up to 30% should help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.