Correct Primer

Home Forums Main Forum Introductions Correct Primer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zach zach 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom C
    Tom C
    Participant

I could use some primer advice. I completed all the sheet metal work with rust areas out and new metal in areas. Next, I plan to start body filler. However, I don’t have time to work on the entire car at one time. I want to do each section or panel at different times. My question is what primer I should use directly over the bare metal and body filler that will protect the surface is for several months or more before I move to high build primer/block sanding portion? Etching primer, a sealer primer, high build primer?? I know the high build primer is porous and may allow moisture to get in? The car is in a garage.
    Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of nick
    nick
    Participant

Your going to want to use an epoxy primer on all bare metal areas. Filler can be applied over the epoxy, I always give it a little scuff before putting any filler on. Then use your 2k high build after the filler.

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Epoxy for sure, chromated if you can find it. Glasurit has one that is awesome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.