candy colors

Home Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish candy colors

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of paul paul 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of travis
    travis
    Participant

Is there a way to make candy off the machine? Im trying to make a pinkish color. I have tried several times with no acceptable results. Do I need to break downand buy the dye? Were useing rm onyx. Thanks

Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Nothing for a true pink on the machine without making the color muddy since you need a white with red or red violet to make pink. Just get the dye, they are fairly inexpensive

Profile photo of travis
    travis
    Participant

Thats what I figured. Everything that I have made has come out cloudy. I will check on the dye I thought they would be expensive.

Profile photo of gunner
    gunner
    Participant

Also check out. ” paint with pearls”website

Profile photo of paul
    paul
    Participant

HOK used to do a pink candy but it was not very lightfast and they dropped it ,to make a faux candy from your scheme the best bet is to use magenta tinter in a transparent control binder ,candy dyes are not expensive Lechler inks are great and priced very keenly but even HOK concentrates are not dear

to obtain a pink you will have to play with the saturation levels of the candy mix over the silver substrate ,you could lay red candy over a pearl white substrate or again a magenta candy dye over either of those

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.