Blend or full panel paint?

Welcome Forums Main Forum Paint and Refinish Blend or full panel paint?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ron 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ron
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Quick question if i may,
    wifes car has been keyed along the full length, :hunt
    The score is deep but not to metal i can block it out without fillers ect HS primer will fill what i block out. I can keep the width of the repair area to a minimum.She is a VW touran met blue. would you guys blend the repair and clear the side or go for full base paint and clear the intire side? i have touched up the bumpers before and the Debeer 900 waterbased is a great colour match and blends easily. Cheers Ron

john salvio
    Participant

I would just get a decent color match and paint the primed area and then clear the entire side. No reason to waste basecoat on an entire side if you just need to cover some primer spots. Not to mention if you base the whole side you may throw off the color to the adjacent panels. Just paint over the primered area and do a nice blend on the base and then clear entire side.

gunner
    Participant

I would paint the whole side mabeye blending out to the adjasunt panels. But I wouldn’t blend down the centre of the door. Just my preferred technique. I feel it will make for a better job, this way you can also fix any small chips or defects if there is any.

Chris
    Participant

[quote=”pane2k” post=35754]I would just get a decent color match and paint the primed area and then clear the entire side. No reason to waste basecoat on an entire side if you just need to cover some primer spots. Not to mention if you base the whole side you may throw off the color to the adjacent panels. Just paint over the primered area and do a nice blend on the base and then clear entire side.[/quote]

Exactly how I would do it. 😉

Use any body lines or shapes to help hide your blend and stay well away from joins of guard to bonnet and quarter to boot. Should be just fine.

ron
    Participant

yep all done with perfect blend, the debeer 900 line is fantastic never halo’s and no need for a wet bed first for the blend. have used about 10 different waterbases and find the debeer very very good, little slow to dry but colour and blending are superb.
    thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.