Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: sealer questin

sealer questin 1 year 7 months ago #29971

• 1slow64
  • Catching the Buzz
i am in the process of painting my 2nd car and have a questiin about sealers. the 1st car
i painted i didn't use a sealer but figure i will on this one.

question is, do i get the car into final blocking on primer then shoot the sealer? do i sand the sealer before applying the color coat? if so, what grit?

thanks...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

sealer questin 1 year 7 months ago #29972

• smooth
  • Been Enjoying the Paint Fumes a While
  • Thank you received: 63
After you have finished blocking your primer with 400 grit shoot your 2K uranthane sealer wet on wet to base than clear.

sealer questin 1 year 7 months ago #29973

• Anonymous
No. If I have a big chunk or something let the sealer set up for a good amount of time. 45 min or so. Then just nib the prob spot with 600 wet. U will find sealer is not meant to be sanded. It will clog ur paper up right away. And if u hurry to nib it too soon ur going to see t hose marks clear as day when applying base over it. Hope this helps!

sealer questin 1 year 7 months ago #29974

No. If u have a big chunk or something let the sealer set up for a good amount of time. 45 min or so. Then just nib the prob spot with 600 wet. U will find the sealer is not meant to be sanded. It will clog ur paper up right away. And if u hurry to nib it to soon ur going to see those marks clear as day when applying base over it. Hope this helps!
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds