Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shitty GM White paint fix

Shitty GM White paint fix 1 year 2 months ago #29913

• gbprideoc
  • New to Refinish Network
K. I have a 07 Chevy express cargo van that I use for my mobile bumper refinish business. I have the window cut-outs wrapped with vinyl. The vinyl is very easily pulling the paint off my van. I had a few spots chipping off the roof when I bought the van but doesn't all of them?

Anyway. I want to fix this and repaint the van. I don't want this to happen again, so I'm not following gm's protocol on which sealer to use. Do I have to get the van stripped? If so, fuck that! Help a dude out please.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shitty GM White paint fix 1 year 2 months ago #29916

• Ben
  • Intense Contributor
  • Thank you received: 121
gbprideoc wrote:
K. I have a 07 Chevy express cargo van that I use for my mobile bumper refinish business. I have the window cut-outs wrapped with vinyl. The vinyl is very easily pulling the paint off my van. I had a few spots chipping off the roof when I bought the van but doesn't all of them?

Anyway. I want to fix this and repaint the van. I don't want this to happen again, so I'm not following gm's protocol on which sealer to use. Do I have to get the van stripped? If so, fuck that! Help a dude out please.

You can feather back and prime the areas and it might last you a while, but eventually it will all peel. Sorry to say it, but to do it properly it will need to be stripped.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds